Selecting Fairy Flowers®
When selecting Fairy Flowers® for your garden, consider choosing varieties that will allow you to create a realistic miniature landscape. We recommend at least one plant from each of the following categories:
- Groundcovers that mimic grass
- Shrub-like plants that imitate bushes
- Trailing plants that creep over tiny arbors and gazebos
- Tree-like plants providing the perfect shady spot
Be sure to think about the location where you’ll keep your Fairy Garden and select plants that will thrive in its conditions. Also think about your personal schedule and what type of watering will work best for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind when making your Fairy Flowers® list:
- Full sun means plants will perform best with eight or more hours of direct sun per day.
- Sun means plants will perform best with six to eight hours of direct sun per day.
- Part sun means plants will perform best with four to six hours of direct sun per day. If you live in a very hot dry climate, plants that say “full sun” or “sun” generally perform better in part sun conditions in the summer months when the heat is especially intense.
- Part shade means plants will perform best with no more than four hours of sunlight.
- Shade means plants will perform best with no more than two hours of diffused sunlight.
- Full shade means plants will perform best in situations where there is never direct sunlight (i.e., a northern exposure).